First -- a little perspective on my personal choice:
My favorites in the past: Frank BB14, Rachel BB13, Brendon BB12, Michele BB11, Keesha BB10, Natalie BB9, Zach BB8, Erika BB7, Janelle BB6, Diane BB5, Jun BB4, Gerry BB3, Nicole BB2, Curtis BB1.
Whew!! That's a lot of years of BB seasons!
So -- that's where I'm coming from. Sort of eclectic choices. The majority, though were kind of pleasant, friendly, and came across to me as sincere and big-hearted -- definitely not the villains. Now, I didn't have feeds half those years, and have heard about some bashing going on with some of my choices -- but I still think, compared to the other HGs their seasons, they were a bit more benign -- or indeed the very opposite of bashers. I liked them.
That brings us to Elissa: Why I think she should win America's Favorite HG:
1. Her game is better than given credit for:
A. She made some mistakes -- hey don't we all!! But the main thing in her game is that she was FLEXIBLE! Chalk it up to her Yoga Moves! She had a choice given the MVP to announce it or not. Brilliantly, as it turned out, she took McCrae under her confidence and confided in him. She KNEW she was a primary HG target, destined for early eviction. By doing this, the game totally changed. From being a target -- she became a HG, the others could count on. (For them, the better the Devil they KNEW, rather than the Devil they didn't!!) So she was saved, kept on, used as some would say. But I think that was an inspired move on her part - AT THAT TIME!
B. She DID form an alliance of sorts with Helen. They knew they had each other's backs all the way until the end. Maybe Helen was less loyal to Elissa, BUT STILL there was that bond there. And that became a bit of a sense of security in the early weeks.
C. Early on she spotted the incredible power and powerful gameplay of Amanda with her subordinate McCrae. When she finally had the right moment to be influential, she helped put the doubt in people's minds about this Showmance (from Hell!) and helped pave the way for the McCranda duo to be broken up. When that plan failed on her own HOH watch (with her nominating McCrae instead of McCranda,) she got out her season long nemesis -- Aaryn, who was on her way to equalling and maybe even surpassing Janelle's competition wins. So, she may not have gotten out her first choice -- but this was indeed a successful HOH, eliminating another "power player" in Aaryn.
D. She was adept at handling and influencing the spitfire GinaMarie, and sure enough GM finished what Elissa couldn't complete by nominating and finally splitting up McCranda.
E. ALSO -- her sudden Hail Mary pass, seeing that she was low man on the proverbial Totem Pole, by trying to team up with Amanda at the end WAS a calculated move that DID make sense -- and for her, it was ballsy, risky, and ultimately.....disastrous. But, Hell -- you've got to take chances once in a while for better or worse. If Andy would have returned to the McCranda Fold, Elissa right now would have been hailed as a genius for making that move. Twas not to be!! Still good for her for trying!!
2. Her basic human decency. The way she always seemed to comfort people -- most especially Candice. Elissa showed such an ingrained maternal instinct. She seemed to feel the pain of people who were put down. She'd overhear the bashing, hear the racist remarks like Aaryn doing a cheap and unfunny imitation of Angellah Johnson's Nail Salon worker when talking about Helen, and she'd see the real tears and honest distress of Candice after the overturned bed incident when emotions that had been building up for days poured forth in an ugly and ultimately heartbreaking way and she would respond. She responded with hugs of understanding. SHE WAS THERE for Candice and Howard. Who else was? Who else? This alone should garner Elissa America's Favorite HG.
3. She could be charming and funny. She had the best laugh of all of the HGs -- hearty and real, spontaneous, and catchy. I'd give her America's Favorite HG for the spit-take alone when she was with Amanda! This was not done out of cruelty (as McCranda moaned and groaned about.) Elissa KNEW that Amanda was using strong-armed, bullying tactics to get her way, and when Amanda was on the other side, all teary-eyed, the contrast for us FEED-viewers was already very funny -- then when Elissa would spontaneously laugh at the absurdity of it all, it just confirmed our own reactions, and I know I laughed along heartily with Elissa at those moments! You couldn't help it! It was the situation, and again...the sound of Elissa's hearty laugh!
4. Negative things she was accused of were blown completely out of proportion: (Look at No. 3 up above! to begin with!) But also, at one vulnerable moment, when Helen was really sort of confronting Elissa when they were both on the block, and Elissa responded (in this very private, distraught conversation with Helen) by saying, that if she was booted -- she'd DOR. I read that more as Elissa simply wanting to convey to Helen HOW bad she felt at this low point. So what does Helen do? Go to a HOH FILLED with HGs eager to get one of the Mom Squad booted out the door, and throw Elissa under the bus, for ONE statement said under duress in a private, heartfelt conversation. FOR WEEKS afterward, especially from McCrae, those HGs would refer to how Elissa was threatening to DOR -- and how dare this entitled Bitch talk like that! My Ass!!!! Blown out of proportion. The One-Piece-Bathing-SuitGate incident I read as Elissa talking NOT maliciously, but decidedly "under the influence" of booze, in a girls-getting-together dressing up Amanda as a Dominatrix scene. She was just playing along. Now, did it come off sounding bad? I didn't think so at the time at all, but listening to the flashback again, I could see the other perception! But however seen, this was still blown up out of proportion. On the Episode where Julie Chen asked Amanda in front of the HGs if bygones were bygones in her relationship with Elissa, Amanda was saying absolutely, yadda yadda. When Elissa was asked (after literally a solid week of nonsense from Amanda,) Elissa tried to be both gracious yet honest in her answer. She seemed to be hesitant in answering -- but listen to that response again -- it was careful, calculated and deadly honest. WOW did the Exterimantors have a bashing-fest over that one saying how MEEEEAN Elissa was in the way she responded. Bullshit!!! She was sincere, non-dramatic, even subtle....but again, honest.
5. Elissa WAS NOT a behind-the-back basher. Did she have likes and dislikes for the HGs? You Bet! Would she say things to influence people? Absolutely. ESPECIALLY to GinaMarie when she was trying to influence GM to put up Amanda, bringing up the miscarriage which quickly became miscarriage-gate. Now -- in front of people, could she say things that were passive-aggressive? Of course! But I read that as only a reaction to the Hell she was put through those couple weeks by Amanda. In a game of getting people out of the house -- ALL, and I repeat ALL the HGs, who are playing the game and not just floating, say derogatory things about other HGs at one point or another. Elissa has done so too, but on a much, much more benign, subtle way.
TO SUM UP -- Elissa was an elegant, classy, honest, sincere, hard-working HG who never gave up, who associated with the HGs with simpatico feelings to hers, and ignoring the slew of the controversial HGs who tainted this season. Hands down, she deserves America's Favorite HG!
--Just call me a "Crazed-Ellisa-Fan" I'm proud of that label!
And, P.S. The REAL nightmare with the endgame of the BB15 season will be listening to Andy, GinaMarie and Spencer reminisce over their Surf & Turf, and Bottle of Champagne (Veuve Cliquot 1993) about the BB15 Season on this coming Sunday's Episode. Excuse me......BARF!!!!
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Mic Check, One Two|
The Boy Becomes a Man, End of the Season Awards, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Enter the Dumb|
Reflecting on the Big Brother 17 Takeovers, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: As Expected|
The best social game of the season, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Sneaky Steve!|
The evolution of Boy, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: And the Verdict Is . . .|
Begging Big Brother production for more alcohol, begging the jury to give Vanessa a chance, and out of context quotes.
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Welcome to the Imaginarium|
How to avoid being your alliance's pawn, and the pleasures of an Austin HoH
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Stop, Collaborate, and Listen|
The intricacies of being an adaptable Big Brother player, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Welcome to Big Brother|
The game starts anew as Battle of the Block is terminated, and I delve into some bizarre Austin fan-fiction. Itís going to get weird.
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: The Superfan Shootout|
Checking in with our resident Big Brother superfans, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Systematic Chaos|
Battle of the Block malaise, and my curious frustration with Vanessa's week as HOH
|BB17 From Inside the Furball Chapter 5|
Under The Sink
|Ette-take - the Thigh's the Limit & Head of What?|
Meg just hit my "favorite HG" meter from the quote inside.
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: Pretzel Logic|
Coming down from the twisted madness of week one, and how to select the perfect pawn
|Ette-Take 2: When the Feeds Go Off...|
Philosophers climb out of hiding, questions of deep mystery are posed and discussed...
|BB17 From Inside the Furball Chapter 4|
Big Brother Furball Award
|Ette-take #1: Singing Nipple Alliance (missing commas?)|
Jokerette's take on daily happenings! Possibly quite a skewed one...
|Big Brother 17 House of Mirrors: All Apologies|
Becky apologizes to Jace, James apologizes to Jace, and Audrey recalls her teenage years
|#BB17 From Inside the Furball Chapter 3|
Getting to know the cast
|#BB17 From Inside the Furball Chapter 2|
Maya learns how to get the feeds.
|#BB17 - From Inside the Furball|
Meet Maya Catgelou, friend of Jokerette's cat Sakkie and first time BB watcher
|Big Brother 15: Elissa for America's Favorite Houseguest...|
Why I think she should win America's Favorite Houseguest
|Big Brother 15: Is racism responsible for Candice and Howard being evicted back to back?|
Social Experiment or Petrie Dish for Racism?
|JOKER'S EXCLUSIVE - Candice calls a House Meeting, Howard's Speech, July 30, 2013|
BB15 Article, Transcript of Howard's Speech July 30, 2013
|Big Brother 15: Candice and Aaryn Fight -- Jessie and Jeremy Stand-Off|
Thursday Night July 11th Dialogue
|BB14 - Dan's Finale Commentary - Damage Control|
My take on Dan's post-season omnipresence.
|Big Brother 14: Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Part 2|
Following THE Hail Mary Pass of the season
|Big Brother 14: Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan...|
Confusion about what to think of one of America's Favorite Houseguests
Mike Boogies Arrogance Shines
One of the best players to never win the game
|Big Brother - Who's up Next?|
Who do YOU want cast? Here are my picks (muahhahah)
|Dumbledore-gate: Reactions Then and Now Plus Exact Transcript|
You curious too about the actual verbiage and Jeff's massive change in fan perception? Strap in for a wild ride!
|Big Brother 13...and the winner is...RACHEL REILLY|
Recap of the season finale of Big Brother 13. Episode 29
|Big Brother 13...All good things...|
Recap of BB13 Episode 28
Jordan's Eviction Poem
Kalia's Eviction Poem
|Big Brother 13...Goodbye Kalia, sleep tight and don't let the veterans bite!|
Recap of BB13 Episode 27
|Big Brother 13...Who can SPELL Mr. Pectacular?|
Recap of Episode 26
|Goodbye Shelly, Shelly's Eviction Poem|
The Latest Eviction Poem for Big Brother Houseguest Shelly
|Big Brother 13...Ebb and Flow|
The changing tides of the game.
|Big Brother 13...Rollin' in the Dough...Nut|
Recap of BB13 Episode 25
|Big Brother 13...Who's the Dummy Now?|
Recap of BB13 Episode 24
|Big Brother 13...Hell Hath No Fury Like a Jordan Scorned|
Recap of BB13 Episode 23
|Big Brother 13...Two Competitors Say Goodbye|
Recap of BB13 Episode 22
|Goodbye Jeff, Jeff's Eviction Poem|
A Poem for Big Brother's Latest Evictee
|Good Riddance Danielle...Finally!|
Danielle's Eviction Poem
|Big Brother: Big Brother 14, All-Stars or Back-to-Basics?|
People have been talking about next season since this season began
|The Different Faces of Rachel|
Some say she's psycho...some say she's funny....some call her a strong competitor
|Big Brother 13...The Power Shifts to Big Jeff|
Recap of BB13 Episode 20
|Big Brother 13...So long, farewell Bookie says Goodbye|
Recap of BB13 Episode 19
|Goodbye Brendon...FOR GOOD!|
Brendon's Eviction Poem...Deja Vu
|Big Brother 13...It's a POV Hoedown|
Recap of BB13 Episode 18
|Jeff & Jordan: Fraud or One for the Ages?|
My Take on That!
|Big Brother 13...Deja Vu Anyone?|
Recap of BB13 Episode 17
|Big Brother 13: Bits and Pieces and Two Weeks of Nothing|
And America Still Doesn't Luv You, Brendon
|Big Brother 13...Heads will roll|
Recap of BB13 Episode 16
|Goodbye Lawon, Lawon's Eviction Poem|
A Goodbye For Big Brother's Latest Evictee
|Big Brother 13...A Sacrificial Lamb named Lawon|
Recap of BB13 Episode 15
|Big Brother 13...Put the Catfish in the Coconut and Drink it all up!|
Recap of BB13 Episode 14
|Big Brother 13: Will the Real Rachel Reilly Please Stand Up?|
Now that Brendon is gone...
|Big Brother 13: Daniele Underestimates the Viewers|
Ego driven Daniele, continuously underestimates those around here in the Big Brother House and all the viewers.
|Goodbye Brendon...Or Is It?|
Brendon's Eviction Poem
|Big Brother 13...Jordan Can't Leave, She Didn't Wear Her Eviction Dress!|
Recap of BB13 Episode 13
|Big Brother 13...Cry Me A River|
Recap of BB13 Episode 12
|Big Brother Conspiracy Theories|
We know Production wants the show to be interesting, but really?
|Big Brother 13...Welcome to Dani's House|
Recap of BB13 Episode 11
|Big Brother 13...Bye Bye PT|
Recap of BB13 Episode 10
|Goodbye Dominic...Dominic's Evictee Poem|
A Goodbye for Big Brother's Latest Evictee
|The 53 Reasons Why This is the Worst Season in Big Brother History|
This Isn't All Stars
|Big Brother 13...A Hairy POV|
Recap of BB13 Episode 9
Are there any real alliances this season?
|Big Brother 13..."You're the Donato, You need to do some damage"|
Recap of BB13 Episode 8
|A Look at the Current Odds to Win Big Brother 13|
Handicapping the BB13 'Race'
|Big Brother 13...Rachel does it again|
Recap of BB13 Episode 7
|Even I Miss Evel Dick This Season|
Some Exploitable Weaknesses of the House Guests
|Goodbye Cassi...Cassi's Eviction Poem|
A Goodbye Poem for BB's Latest Evictee
|Big Brother 13...Expect the...Expected?|
Recap of BB13 Episode 6
|Will Cassi Be This Season's Annie?|
Cassi on the Block
|Big Brother 13...The House Guests get ANTZY!|
Recap of BB13 Episode 5
|Jeff Gets a Bum Rap Over Harry Potter|
Jeff and Kalia's Harry Potter Blow-out
|For Crying Out loud, Man-up Brandon!|
Aren't you engaged to Rachel, Brandon?
|Big Brother 13...Don't let the door hit you on the way out!|
Recap of BB13 Episode 4, The first live eviction.
BB13's First Official Eviction Poem
|Big Brother 13...Get Off the Negative Train!|
Recap of BB13 Episode 3
|The Dreamcrushers Are A Lot More Fiction Than Reality|
Is DCA A Giant Smokescreen?
|Big Brother 13...MOO-ve over Newbies|
Recap of BB13 Episode 2
|Big Brother 13...Welcome to BIG BROTHER|
Recap of the Season 13 Premiere Episode
|Ode to BB13 - Let the games begin!|
Could it be Big Brother is about to begin?
|Audition Experience: Big Brother 13 Chicago Casting Call|
Happenings at the BB13 Chicago Casting Call
|A Letter To Ragan|
After Watching Ragan's Exit Interviews with Julie and Ragan's Interview with EW I Found Ragan to Be self righteous
|Is It Time For Big Brother All-Stars 2?|
It has been four years since the first Big Brother All-Stars aired. Are we ready for All-Stars 2?
|BB12 Halfway Through the Epic 24-Part Series "Chumming With Brendon and Britney"|
New Dunk Twist Included!
|Big Brother 12 WEATHER REPORT|
A Severe Plotting and Scheming Warning Is In Effect
|Eleven Seasons Later, I Have It All Figured Out|
Reflections On Why We Watch While Putting It Into Perspective
|Why Kathy is Another Middle-Aged Disaster on BB...|
Weekend at Bernies Big Brother Style
|Brendon Shows All His Cards and Its Not Even a Full Deck|
In Which Brendon Brings Down His Own Alliance