Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Heather Morris and Naya Rivera
You know you're getting some good dirt on a show when it even catches some of its stars by surprise. That's what happened at Sunday's Glee session at Comic-Con, where creator Ryan Murphy hit Chris Colfer with the news that he may soon get to do "The Time Warp," the classic song-and-dance routine from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. A few other surprises? The Britney Spears episode may be a little dream-like, even if it isn't exactly a dream for one star. And get ready for more Madonna.
Here's what you'll be gleeking out to this fall:
1. Glee will pay respect to The Rocky Horror Picture Show: This news was a shock to even the cast in attendance --- Naya Rivera (Santana), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Heather Morris (Brittany), Kevin McHale (Artie), Colfer (Kurt) and Amber Riley (Mercedes). When they were asked by an audience member what songs they still wanted to sing on the show, Colfer piped up, "The Time Warp" -- and practically got his wish on the spot. "Well, funny enough Chris, we are doing a Rocky Horror episode," Murphy said.
2. "The Power of Madonna 2" is going to happen: "Madonna was thrilled with the [first tribute] episode," Murphy said. "We don't know when we're doing [a second] but we will at some point do it." The "Power of Madonna" took 12 to 13 days to shoot "and went over budget very early on. But I said to the studio and the network, 'Do it for Madonna. C'mon.'" (Did you know? Many of the props used in the Sue Sylvester rendition of "Vogue" were used in Madge's original music video. Murphy said they were found in an old prop house.)
3. Tina, Mike and those other characters you don't know so well will get more face time: Murphy said it's what he wants — and what the fans have told him they want: "[Everyone] pops so much, I personally want to see a whole episode of Brittany. I want to see more Artie and Tina," he said. "The second season is designed to be much more intimate, and it's from the feedback we've gotten really. [Viewers] want to see more of the people they've grown to love."
4. Even though there'll be more Artie and Tina , it won't be Artie with Tina: McHale looked just as shocked — and possibly upset? — as some in the audience did when Murphy dropped this bomb: "We're writing an episode that I really like where we find out that Tina has fallen out of love with Artie and in love Mike." Awww, it's over before it really began...
5. More relatives will make an entrance: Kurt's dad (Mike O'Malley) was recently upped to a series regular, and fans have grown to love Finn's mom. (Quinn's parents? Jury's out on her mom, who came around in the finale.) Next, viewers will meet Rachel's two dads and Brittany's sister. "I have a feeling she has a very smart older sister," Murphy said. Added Morris: "I imagine my parents work for NASA." Murphy also confirmed that Idina Menzel will return as Rachel's birth mom, Shelby.
6. Mercedes is taking Glee to church: Colfer's eyes got very large when, a beat later, Murphy revealed, "Kurt gets to go with her."
7. Not everyone will be excited about singing Britney Spears: As TVGuide.com exclusively reported, the episode will be about our favorite daffy Cheerio Brittany, who will get to sing at least two of the pop star's tunes. But the idea of paying tribute to the ex-Mrs. K-Fed doesn't excite Matthew Morrison. The actor once said in an interview that the one artist he hoped wouldn't be included in the Glee songbook was Spears. So Murphy decided that Morrison's Mr. Schuester will be the one saying, "I don't want to do Britney, I don't want to do Britney." As for the episode itself? Murphy said, "We're doing it in a very fun hallucinogenic way."
8. Speaking of Brittany, she may be getting hot and heavy with a fellow Cheerio: Which one? Duh, Santana. Maybe. "We're actually writing an episode where we're debating if they should kiss," Murphy said.
9. Kurt's going to get a sweet boyfriend: No devious Jesse St. James types for Kurt. "I think he should have a boyfriend and they should be prom king and king," Murphy said. "I think that's an important thing to put out in the world. I want to see what that relationship is like. I want to see what [Kurt's dad] thinks of that relationship."
10. The post-Super Bowl episode will be another tribute. To who? Murphy's not saying yet. Producers are still negotiating a deal.
The obvious question is, who should sing "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me"?
|Big Brother Canada 2 Houseguests Revealed|
Big Brother season 2 houseguests revealed
|ďI Ainít Good. Iím the Best.Ē|
A film review of Arthur Pennís 1967 classic, Bonnie and Clyde
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water: Score!|
The Sole Survivor of Blood vs. Water is crowned, Monica finds the real Monica, and memorable moments from the reunion
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water: Mixed Bag|
Tyson looks through his bag, Vytas joins the jury, and Ciera ditches the newbies
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water: Do You Believe in Magic?|
The standout player of the season, and how Blood vs. Water stacks up to my initial concerns
|Once Upon A Time: Quite A Common Fairy/Nasty Habits|
Peter Pan is a menace, fairies fall from grace, and true love is lost. Can the heroes gather their strength and come together to save what matters?
|Me and My Camera|
A film review of 2012ís Chronicle, and musings on the found footage genre and YouTube culture
|Bachelor Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici Are Getting Hitched!|
Bachelor Wedding Ceremony Will be Telecast LIVE January 26, 2014 on ABC!
|Once Upon a Time: Lost Girl|
Six heroes continue their journey through the Neverland forest in search of Henry. What does Peter Pan have planned for Emma and can Emma find Henry in time to save him?
|Once Upon A Time: The Heart of the Truest Believer|
The season 3 opener of Once Upon A Time brings the audience into the world of Neverland where Pan is not who he seems. Can six legends unite to save Henry?
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water: Family Ties|
CBS incessantly reminds the viewers about the premise of the season, Gervase belly flops his way into our hearts, and Colton considers the many uses of a paddle
|Big Brother 15 House of Mirrors: The Drinks are on Andy|
My final thoughts on Big Brother 15, the reunion, and Andy
|Kaitlin Barnaby Big Brother Editorial Interview for Joker's|
She's In Love With The Boy...Maybe Kinda...We'll See!
|Jeremy McGuire Big Brother Editorial Interview|
Beneath the Bravado Lies Jeremy's Heart of Gold
|Big Brother 15 House of Mirrors: The Amanda Show|
Amanda's arrival at the jury house, end of the season awards, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother Renewed For Summer 2014!|
Big Brother 16: Will it be All-Stars or Brand New Houseguests?
|Big Brother 15: Elissa for America's Favorite Houseguest...|
Why I think she should win America's Favorite Houseguest
|Big Brother 15 House of Mirrors: The Lying Game|
Andy's legacy, conspiracy theories, and out of context quotes
|Big Brother 15 House of Mirrors: John Nash in the House!|
Amanda doesn't listen to music, Elissa smiles, and Andy and Elissa fight over the meaning of "threaten"
|Big Brother 15 House of Mirrors: Fighting the World|
Jessie pisses everybody off, Amanda gets her Axl Rose on, and out of context quotes
|Bachelor's Gia, DeAnna and Others Reunite to Raise Money for Cancer Research|
46NYC Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer Research
|Bachelor Pad's Chris Harrison on the Kissing Contest: I Wanted to Hose Them Down|
Chris Gives His Take on the Bachelor Pad: Back in High School
|Bachelor Pad's Chris Harrison: "I Was Stunned at How It Became High School"|
One House Full of Tension, Tears and Hookups
|Bachelorette Ali Finds Love with Roberto|
Ali Chooses Her Frontrunner
|Survivor: Nicaragua Pits Old Against Young|
Premieres Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 8/7c on CBS
|Bachelorette's Chris Harrison Calls Chris L. the Class Favorite|
Find Out Why Frank Was MIA at the MTA
|A Rocky Horror Episode, and 9 Other Glee Spoilers|
Lots to Look Forward To!
|Fringe: 8 Steps to Navigating the Alternative Universe|
Duality, Duplicity and the Road Not Taken
|Jersey Governor: Jersey Shore Is "Negative" for Our State|
Is it Positive or Negative for New Jersey?
|The Event's Producers Promise Answers|
Exposes One of the Biggest Cover-Ups in U.S. History
|Dexter Begins Season 5 with World's Worst Alibi|
The Spouse Is Always the First Suspect
|6 Reasons We're Excited for Mad Men's Return|
"Who are we then, and who do we become?"
|Bachelorette's Chris Harrison calls Ali and Frank's Relationship "Obviously Flawed"|
If you think you think you've seen everything, you haven't.
|Big Brother 12 Cast Revealed: Meet the Big Brother 12 Cast|
Summer of Sabotage
|"Rated R" Denies He Had Girlfriend During The Bachelorette|
Betrayed, Manipulated and Unfairly Lied to by the Producers
|John Goodman Says Weight Loss Will Be "An Ongoing Process"|
Not Going to Look Like Paris Hilton
|Gabourey Sidibe's Mom Wows America's Got Talent Judges with Singing Skills|
Gabourey Sidibe's Mom Floors AGT Judges
|The Real Housewives of D.C. Confirms White House Party Crasher Casting|
The RHODC Will Spotlight 5 Women Living In The Nation's Capital
|Exclusive: Get a First Look at ABC's Downfall|
ABC's high-tension new reality series!